Remember the old Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup commercial from back in the day? A man is walking down the street eating chocolate and bumps into a lady scooping peanut butter into her mouth. The foodstuffs intermingle, and after the initial shock subsides, they realize that the resulting hybrid is… delicious. Well, if you substitute once-used CBD whiskey barrels for chocolate and tasty Boundary Bay beer for peanut butter, that’s more or less how our latest collaboration turned out. (Sorry we made you be the peanut butter in this analogy, Boundary, but hey – we’re telling this story!)
That’s right. We teamed up with Boundary Bay Brewery, our neighbor and cherished iconic destination, to create something new, something as consummately Bellingham as subdued excitement, Chuckanut Drive, or Gordon Tweit. It’s called the Bootlegger Barrel Series, and it’s something you’ll be wanting to sample this weekend and beyond. The release will be taking place Friday, December 11th, at 6pm, and will consist of several beers – all of which were aged in Chuckanut Bay Distillery once-used whiskey barrels (charred American White Oak for our Bourbon barrels and toasted Hungarian Oak for our Muzzleflash barrels).
The specialty beers are as follows:
- Imperial Oatmeal Stout aged in Chuckanut Bay Distillery’s Muzzleflash Whiskey barrels. (Available to-go in 22 oz. wax-dipped bottles)
- Imperial Oatmeal Stout aged in Chuckanut Bay Distillery’s Bourbon barrels. (Available to-go in 750 ml. caged & corked bottles)
- Scotch-style Ale aged in Chuckanut Bay Distillery’s Muzzleflash barrels. (Available to-go in 22 oz. wax-dipped bottles)
- Cabin Fever aged in Chuckanut Bay Distillery’s Muzzleflash barrels. (Available to-go in 22 oz. wax-dipped bottles)
- Cedar Dust IPA aged in Chuckanut Bay Distillery Muzzleflash & Bourbon barrels
So get yourself over to Boundary Bay and sample some of these fine brews. And be sure to stop by and say hello to us as well.